Tuesday, April 5, 2011

D'Orsay, Tate & MOMA ....

Strolls through museums on a rainy, foggy day - that's what dreams are made of ! Try as I might my traveling days are few and far between. Local galleries are great for an art fix. Art makes me smile. Art makes me stand and ponder - often question - sometimes GET IT !

When the wanderlust has faded, all I need do is gaze up from my downy perch, because I now have a DIY art gallery hanging upon the bedroom wall! It has taken shape over time. Pieces come and go. I have a couple of tiny empty slots for just the right item - once it is found.






And another shot??     ~ A small vignette ~





From a different angle.... and there's that empty spot... a project still in the works!



I am linking my gallery wall to a party on http://www.theinspiredroom.net/. If you love creative, clever homes - go check this out!
http://www.blogger.com/blog-this.g?n=The+Inspired+Room+%E2%80%94+Home+Decorating+Blog,+DIY+Home+Decor,+Interior+Design+Blog&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftheinspiredroom.net%2F&sourceid=ie8-activity

5 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by and for the nice compliment. I am having fun with the linky party and will probably try another one soon...as soon as I learn the ropes that is!!
    Love the wall, everything goes so well together. Love your blog too..anything thrifty catches my attention. take care, j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping over from The Inspired Room. It is great to see your gallery wall. Mine is #10.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    Gg - Notes on the Journey

    ps. I really like the variety you used for your stunning wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning - just wandered over from The Inspired Room. Your wall is so sophisticated. It encourages me to try mixing some of the "art" I've collected. Before now, I've been afraid to try - thinking it all needed to "go together". But yours is so ecletic and fun - makes me think I can pull it off. Great job on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style! Can't wait to see more. I'm following :)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vintage style is very pretty and so fitting for the gallery wall! Love it!! Thanks for joining the party!!

    ReplyDelete